With over 3919 honest evaluations from customers, we’ve compiled a list of the top items you might be interested in buying. Listed below are some of the most well-known brands for nakiri knife including Mercer Tool Corp., China, TUO Cutlery, Wusthof, Kai
Nakiri Knife – Top Picks in 2021
The Best Nakiri Knife(s)
1. TUO Nakiri Knife 6.5″ – Professional Asian Usuba Knives & Japanese Chefs with Black Titanium Plated Blade – Japanese AUS-8 Stainless Steel Pakkawood Handle – Dark Knight Series with Sheath & Gift Box
- *TUO Trust: Your satisfaction is the ultimate goal for TUO. Each of knife will come with a high-quality black gift box. It’s very suitable for your own use or as a unique gift to your friends. We provide a lifetime warranty for you to against manufacturer defects, no risk to try!
- *Premium Japanese Steel: Each blade is made of Japanese AUS-8 stainless steel, which has premium performance in anti-rust and anti-corrosion. it is also known for superior toughness and sharpness. Besides, the unique technology of black titanium plating not only effectively improves the hardness and enhancing non-stick properties of the blade, but also makes knife look elegant and mysterious. The perfect combination of practicality, durability and beauty makes this knife different from others.
- *Unrivaled Performance: This kind of Japanese style Nakiri knife works well with vegetables, fruits and so on. The blade is slightly narrower and lighter than traditional Chinese kitchen knives, helps reduce fatigue and long-term slicing and finger pain, perfectly blending performance and comfort.
- *Comfortable Handle: The handle is made of Pakkawood, and the unique black handle is more noble with the classical brown-red coil. It has good corrosion resistance, acid resistance and anti-slip design, even if used for a long time will not feel tired. At the same time, the handle is also great for people with small palms.
- *Friendly Design: Each Black Knight Knife has a semi-transparent protective cover at the tip of the knife, and is equipped with a knife sheath, which can help you carry it out conveniently and safely, but also prevent accidental injury. Even the elderly and children will be more safe and secure.
- NSF certified with a Limited Lifetime Warrany
- Single-edge blade is taper ground with a fine stone finish
- Double-edge blade
- Offered with a traditional wood handle
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Slip-resistant Santoprene handle
- 16° edge on both sides
- Razor sharp, high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
- Razor sharp high carbon, stain-free German steel
3. 7 inch Nakiri Knife by Findking-Dynasty series-3 layer 9CR18MOV clad steel w/octagon handle Gyuto Knife
- DYNASTY SERIES HANDLE – is crafted from African rosewood, and is a great compliment to the beauty and comfort to the knife user. The stability of the handle allows the user full manipulation of the blade. This makes for effective use for precision, and endurance cuts. This handle makes mis en plas (food prep) FUN again
- WEIGHT/BALANCE- The balance point runs heel to spine up the billet. Allowing the user a comfortable grip with precise cuts, and less wear and tear on the users hands. The weight is towards the blade of the knife making for efficient use during rock chopping motion.
- DYNASTY SERIES BLADE QUALITY – Findking’s dynasty series uses 9CR18MOV. A great steel for the everyday use of any chef. With an HRC of 60+/-2 it will take an angled edge and hold it for long enough to help extend the life of your knife (w/ general maintenance). The clad dimple allow for easy food release while slicing or dicing. This blade is great for vegetables, fruits, fish, and meats. Please refrain from cutting frozen products as this may detriment the knife’s edge.
- OUR PROMISE- Quality is a massive focus of Findking’s products. As a promise to our customers, price will not be affected by our strive for the highest quality in our products.
- DESIGN- Dynasty series Nakiri knives are designed to show the beauty of eastern chef’s knives. While focusing on comfortability, and efficiency for the everyday chef. Blade length is 18.5cm and handle length is 15.3 cm with an overall length of 33.8cm. When a pinch grip is used the blade length is considered “true 7” inch” where the user will be able to maximize maneuverability of the blades cutting edge
4. TUO Nakiri Knife – Vegetable Cleaver Kitchen Knives – Japanese Chef Knife German X50CrMoV15 Stainless Steel – Pakkawood Handle – 6.5″ – Fiery Series
- WELL DESIGNED: From the striking grain of the polished pakkawood (sourced from Africa) handle to the gentle curve of the blade, this is an ergonomic full tang handle design for exceptional comfort and durability. The handle is specifically designed to hold comfortably in your hand with great balance. The bolster of the handle is carefully polished for a perfect pinch grip.
- TUO LIFETIME GUARANTEE: 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk-free. We guarantee a superior product that will give you a lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defects. With the luxury case, it is the wise choice as a gift.
- VERSATILE KNIFE: TUO 6.5” usuba knife is a traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables and agro-food, perfect for kitchen needs such as shredding carrots, cutting tomatoes, dicing onions, chopping melons, or peeling avocados, this nakiri knife is perfect for busy kitchens.
- SUPER STEEL: Adopted German High-carbon Stainless steel, it promises you the blade won’t rust over time in most of the circumstances and easy to resharpen. The steel is precisely processed with high-tech vacuum heat treatment to reach the hardness HRC56±2 for extraordinary performance and edge retention. Most importantly, the edge won’t chip easily.
- PREMIUM PAKKAWOOD HANDLE: The full tang handle is made from our patent-pending high-density Pakkawood composite. Compare to other wood handles, it is way more stable and sanitary. No matter how bad the kitchen environment is, it will be no shrimp, no expansion, no crack, assuring you food safety.
- One-piece high-carbon, stain-resistant Japanese steel
- Textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety. Protective finger guard.
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- Ergonomic handle – a combination of Santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability
- The highest quality Japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge
- Handle is sculpted to reduce fatigue and looks stunning in the kitchen
- Blade is precision forged, tempered to 58 Rockwell Hardness
- Unique pebbled thermoplastic handle is ergonomically crafted for optimum comfort
- Made in Solingen, Germany with a lifetime warranty
- 14° PEtec blade edge on each side with laser guided precision; 20% sharper lasting twice as long
7. Shun Cutlery Classic 6.5” Nakiri Knife; Kitchen Knife Handcrafted in Japan; Hand-Sharpened 16° Double-Bevel Steel Blade for Swift and Easy Precision Work; Beautiful D-Shaped Ebony PakkaWood Handle
- Whether it’s needed for daily salad preparation or gourmet vegetable creations, both restaurant chefs and new home cooks trust the simple push cut of the Nakiri’s straight, razor-sharp edge.Hand wash with gentle dish soap
- Swift, sharp and clean, the Classic Nakiri is great for kitchen needs like julienning carrots, slicing tomatoes, dicing onions, chopping peppers, peeling potatoes, trimming celery or paring avocados
- The Nakiri Knife is part of Shun’s Classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery; beauty, form and function are fused in this elegantly handcrafted, useful and high-performing kitchen tool
- With its PakkaWood handle grip and corrosion-resistant steel blade, the 6.5-inch Classic Nakiri Knife makes a durable, versatile and valuable addition to the kitchen, revolutionizing mundane tasks
- A traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables and produce, the Classic Nakiri has a 6.5” blade made from Shun’s proprietary VG-MAX steel clad with 68 layers of Damascus stainless steel
8. DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife – 6″ – Shogun Series X – Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel – Damascus – Hammered Finish – Sheath Included
- Dalstrong power: This vegetable knife features an ultra sharp AUS-10V- Vacuum Treated Japanese super steel cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness: extraordinary performance and edge retention. 66 layers of premium high-carbon stainless steel layers ensure exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance. Perfectly balanced. Dalstrong’s stunning ‘tsunami-rose’ genuine Damascus layers.
- The Ultimate Vegetable Knife: A Dalstrong culinary revolution combining outstanding and award-winning craftsmanship, cutting-edge breakthrough technology, awe-inspiring design, and the absolute best materials available. Peak performance never looked so good to you or your wallet.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why chef’s around the world trust and love, ‘The Dalstrong Difference’. Dalstrong luxury packaging. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
- Engineered to Perfection: Ultra-premium G-10 handle is military grade with life-long durability. Hand polished, the ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior control, agility and comfort while the blade’s spine is made smooth for a natural ‘pinch grip’. The 55mm blade width allows for improved knuckle clearance. Easily scoop up food onto blade.
- Unrivaled Performance: Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish at 8-12° per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance. Full tang for superb robustness and triple riveted for even more resilience. The Shogun Series X’s exquisite hammered tsuchime finish reduces drag and minimizes stuck on food.
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES – 7″ Hallow Edge Nakiri with full tang triple riveted synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. The WÜSTHOF Classic Series has been our best-selling series for generations
- PRECISION FORGED – WÜSTHOF’s Classic Series Knives are forged from a single block of High Carbon Stainless Steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models
- DURABLE – WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen Knife set Comes with a limited Lifetime . WÜSTHOF Classic Series Knives feature a full bolster and finger guard
- KITCHEN WORKHORSE – The CLASSIC 7″ Nakiri Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional cleaver, at a 10° cutting edge, and features a long straight edge. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
- Break and chip resistance for carefree durability
- Microwave and oven use for versatility
- Patterns won’t wash, wear or scratch off
11. MOSFiATA 7” Nakiri Chef’s Knife with Finger Guard and Blade Guard in Gift Box, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN1.4116 Nakiri Vegetable Knife, Multipurpose Kitchen Knife with Micarta Handle
- 【Perfect Size and Weight】The standard length of the nakiri chef knife is 7-inch and is much easier to manipulate for different functions such as chopping, mincing, dicing, and slicing. Our chef’s knife weighs 8.8 oz, which makes you feel more durable and effortless to cuts easily through large pieces of food.
- 【Sharp Edge & 14~16° Sharpening Angle】: Sharpness is key. Hand-polished by craftsmen with decades of experience to ensure its durability. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2.5mm. Its hand-polished edge is 14-16 degrees per side, which is sturdy and sharp to get the job done perfectly. Rockwell hardness: 56 ± 2 HRC.
- 【Perfect as Gift】: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for a mother, father, grandparent or friend. Plus, with the knife sheath, young children and other family members will be protected from injury. Note: it is not Damascus steel.
- 【Multi-functional Chef’s Knife】: This MOSFiATA Super Sharp Nakiri Knife is made of high-quality German stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion and discoloration. It can be used for your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits and bread. Great for professional chefs, culinary experts, food caterers and for novice home chefs.
- 【Sturdy Comfortable Handle】: The solid handle provides a safe, comfortable grip. Even after prolonged use, your palm and wrist will not fatigue. Ideal for both people who cook frequently and those who just like preparing snacks. And this Micarta handle is perfect for all hand size. The durability and reliability of the kitchen knife are secured by the triple rivet design that attaches the handle firmly onto the blade.
Hopefully, this guide gives you an insight into the best nakiri knife. In order to experience, don’t forget to have a look at our above-mentioned nakiri knife as well, especially TUO Nakiri Knife 6.5″ – Professional Asian Usuba Knives & Japanese Chefs with Black Titanium Plated Blade – Japanese AUS-8 Stainless Steel Pakkawood Handle – Dark Knight Series with Sheath & Gift Box and Mercer Culinary Asian Collection Nakiri Vegetable Knife with NSF Handle.
Other Related Reviews
Other Nakiri Knife Products We Considered
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- Taper-ground edge allows for added stability, easy honing, long lasting sharpness, and increased efficiency when cutting and chopping
- High carbon forged steel from Soligen, Germany. Stain-resistant x50 Cr Mo V15 resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. Full tang that runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance.
- Santoprene handle for comfort and safe grip, NSF certified
13. Nakiri Knife – PAUDIN Razor Sharp Meat Cleaver 7 inch High Carbon German Stainless Steel Vegetable Kitchen Knife, Multipurpose Asian Chef Knife for Home and Kitchen with Ergonomic Handle
- WAVE PATTERN: The special waved pattern is strikingly beautiful like a Damascus knife. It decreases food friction and makes the vegetable cleaver easy to clean and maintain.
- ALL-PURPOSE NAKIRI KNIFE: The classic 7 inch kitchen knife is flexible for all kinds of heavy duty preps, like slicing, dicing, chopping and mincing. A truly all-around cooking knife, is easy to re-sharpen, clean and maintain.
- ELEGANT GIFT: This meat vetetable chef knife is a best gift with beautiful packing for Christmas, Weddings, Birthdays, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day! We Offer 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK policy. PAUDIN provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship.
- ERGONOMICALLY HANDLE: The ergonomics shape perfect balances the handle and the thin blade at the pinch point, ensures the ease of movement. The soft pakkawood handle is integrated with the Japanese nakiri knife’s blade, creating comfortable grip.
- ULTRA SHARP EDGE: The blade of PAUDIN cleavers is made of German 5Cr15Mov stainless steel (not real Damascus) with 56+ hardness. The razor sharp cutting edge allows you to cut foods effortlessly. All the world-renowned cutlery brands adopt the same steel, which is rust -proof and durable for long time use.