To assist you in making an informed decision about the 3.5 knife, we’ve conducted extensive research and analyzed over 1014 customer feedback from top brands such as Cuisinart. We’ve ranked the greatest brands on our list according to the information collected: Houstons Inc., KYOKU, Cuisinart, Wusthof, Meyer Corporation
3.5 Knife – Top Picks in 2021
The Best 3.5 Knife(s)
- Forged, full tang knife
- Seamless synthetic black handle
- Ergonomic handle
- Hand Wash Recommended
- Finger guard for safety
2. KYOKU Paring Knife – 3.5″ – Shogun Series – Japanese VG10 Steel Core Damascus Blade – with Sheath & Case
- INCREDIBLE SHARPNESS – The ruthlessly sharp edge is handcrafted by seasoned artisans to a mirror polish at 8-12° per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method; cryogenically treated for incredible hardness, flexibility, and corrosion resistance.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – Our knives come with a lifetime warranty, and we offer free exchange or return if the item is defective.
- DURABLE HANDLE – Highly impervious to heat and moisture, the meticulously constructed G10 handle (incredibly strong fiberglass-like material) feels smooth and sure in your hand. The blade and handle meet with an ergonomic bolster (the gentle slope for your thumb) to make cutting easier and safer.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE STAINLESS STEEDL – Manufactured with ultra-premium stainless 67-layered Damascus steel, this 3.5 in. fruit knife boasts unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention; the cobalt added steel outperforms AUS-10 steel in durability and is easier to sharpen, since cobalt enhances the other alloying elements.
- ERGONOMIC & WELL-BALANCED – The slightly curved blade ensures the knife slices through fruits with ease while alleviating fatigue and finger pains from long periods of peeling.
- Superior high-carbon Stainless Steel blades for precision and accuracy
- Precision-tapered ground blades that narrow gradually to an extremely sharp, fine edge
- Textured handles make for easy, comfortable cutting
- Variety of innovative new knife and block styles let home cooks customize their cutlery collection
4. DALSTRONG Paring Knife – 3.5″ – Frost Fire Series – High Chromium 10CR15MOV Stainless Steel – Frosted Sandblast Finish – White Honeycomb Handle – Leather Sheath – NSF Certified
- Expertly engineered from 7-layer, high-carbon, high-chromium 10CR15MOV stainless steel with added cobalt, these knives undergo an expert heat treatment to further increase blade hardness for scalpel-like sharpness. Each knife is perfected with a precision-based sandblast for a frosted blade finish that enhances non-stick properties and offers superior refinement. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- Beautifully finished with a slender, ergonomic handle for a tension-free grip, the Frost Fire Series offers ultimate comfort and cutting agility. For added distinction, the pristine white resin handle is enclosed in aluminum mesh that provides improved durability and a stylish honeycomb finish. Included with each knife is a PU leather sheath with snap closure, designed to protect your knife and keep it safe and secure while on the go.
- The Frost Fire Series 3.5” Paring Knife was thoughtfully designed to increase agility in the kitchen with it’s lightweight, quick grip build. This small but mighty blade offers surprising versatility with it’s narrow blade and tapered tip. Ideal for coring, mincing and peeling fruits and vegetables, slicing shallots, herbs and gloves of garlic as well as detailed and controlled cutting for scoring and shaping designs on surfaces of delicate foods.
- Dalstrong Trust: The most essential knife and perfect gift for home cooks, professional chefs, and more. Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why chef’s around the world trust and love, ‘The Dalstrong Difference’. Dalstrong luxury packaging. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
- The Dalstrong Frost Fire Series is an elegant collection of premium light-weight, razor-sharp knives with an icy cold look and fiery performance. Built for the modern chef who appreciates meticulously crafted, professional knives that look good and feel good, without any sacrifices to functionality.
- Riveted high-impact ergonomic handle
- Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
- New edge technology makes each side sharper by 14 degrees, doubling sharpness retention
- High carbon stainless steel
- Full tang
- Wusthof Classic Icon is culmination of all the best features of each of the Wusthof knife lines.Wash by hand only
- The combined riveted handle design is combined with a contoured shape to add comfort and control
- The Peeling knife is one of the most widely used tools in the kitchen
- Its versatility of uses is a mainstay in any kitchen a quality purer like the Classic Icon is a real pleasure for your small cutting needs
- The Classic Icon adds a rear bolster that acts as a counter balance when using the knife
7. Rachael Ray Cutlery Japanese Stainless Steel Knives Set with Sheaths, 8-Inch Chef Knife, 5-Inch Santoku Knife, and 3.5-Inch Paring Knife, Teal
- set INCLUDES: 8-Inch Chef Knife, 5-Inch Santoku Knife, and 3.5-Inch Paring Knife with Plastic Knife Sheaths
- EASY GRIP SLICING: The knife handles are shaped for comfortable grasp, with colorful rubberized grips to provide solid, confident handhold
- SHARP KITCHEN KNIVES: The finely-honed knife blades are corrosion-resistant, and deliver exceptional slicing and cutting
- EDGE GUARD: Each extra-sharp knife includes a sturdy plastic sheath to protect the blade and the edge between uses
- QUALITY ASSURANCE GUARANTEE
- QUALITY KNIFE SET: This chef knife set is made from premium-quality Japanese steel for long-lasting performance
8. Linoroso Paring Knife 3.5 inch Small Kitchen Knife with Elegant Gift Box, Sharp Forged German Carbon Stainless Steel Fruit Knife, Full Tang, Ergonomic Handle-Classic Series
- ✔【 Ergonomic Handle】Full tang and forged bolster for superb robustness and creating the perfect balance between the blade and handle. The unique shape is ergonomically crafted for optimum comfort, control, and agility.
- ✔【Incredibly Durable and Razor Sharp】The integration of chromium into the stainless steel results in a product that is extremely robust, durable, firm, and rust/corrosion resistant. The blade of this 3.5” paring knife is hand polished that precisely achieves 11-12 degrees per side for maximum sharpness and edge retention. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance.
- ✔【Premium Material】The Linoroso Classic series of knives are made from imported expertly forged German ThyssenKrupp high carbon stainless steel, one of the best culinary cutlery materials on the market. Through a rigorous hardening process that involves vacuum heat treatment and rapid cooling, the blade comes in at staggering 56+ on the Rockwell Hardness scale. Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- ✔【Versatile Multi-Purpose】 Featuring a short blade for enhanced accuracy and precision, this paring knife is optimally built for jobs where control is essential. This straight edge paring knife designed for garnishing, mincing, peeling, slicing and dicing
- ✔【Lifetime and 100% Money Back Guarantee 】 If for any reason, your product proves to be unsatisfactory, please contact us to manage full refund or replacement. Please enjoy your purchase without risk.
- The beautifully modern, D-shaped, blonde PakkaWood handle encases the full composite tang blade, reducing unwanted rotation and improving grip for right and left-handed chefs alike.
- Handcrafted in Japan this kitchen knife is ground and honed to a razor sharp 16-degree edge out of the box. It’s balanced immediately forward of the bolster for increased precision and injury prevention when used in hand.
- One of the most essential knives in the Western chef’s kitchen, Shun’s Japanese-made knife features a short, sharp blade for peeling, coring, trimming, and more.
- Santoku, nakiri, boning, slicing, or steak – Shun blades glide through food when used in a back-and-forth or rocking motion that applies some force parallel to what’s being cut, letting the edge do the work.
- Thirty-four layers of stainless Damascus cladding surround the high-carbon VG-MAX core of this hardworking, small knife blade.
- Each blade is proudly and beautifully stamped with the Wusthof name
- Made with Wusthof’s Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) to create a blade that retains its edge 30% longer
- Forged from single piece of high-carbon stainless steel with a black polymer handle
- Stain resistant
- Full tang, triple riveted
11. Shun DM-0700 Classic Paring Knife, 3.5 inch VG-MAX Blade with Pakkawood Handle, Ideal for Peeling, Trimming, or Coring, Silver
- Versatile, precise, and sharp, Shun Classic Paring Knife is a must-have knife for every professional or household kitchen. This easy-to-use paring knife is made for skilled and beginner chefs.
- Pleasing to the eye, the Shun Classic Paring Knife features a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle and a bead-blasted blade to highlight the flowing pattern of layered steel.
- Small blade is ideal for precision work such as peeling, trimming, coring, slicing, chopping, decorating or dicing fruits or vegetables, making meal prep an enjoyable experience
- Ideal for hand-held use such as peeling or pitting, the Paring Knife performs well on cutting boards for chopping and dicing smaller foods, making meal prep for small dinners or big parties simple
- A prime example of Shun innovation and technology, the Classic Paring Knife uses high-performance steel for maximum edge retention and durability with proprietary VG-MAX core steel
Final Thoughts on 3.5 knife
If We had to pick only one 3.5 knife from this selection, it would be the Wusthof Classic Paring Knife, 3.5-Inch. This 3.5 knife will suit the needs of most customers.
Overall, the Wusthof Classic Paring Knife, 3.5-Inch offers the best combination of versatility, comfort, and price.
Other Related Reviews
Other 3.5 Knife Products We Considered
12. Shun Cutlery Classic 3-Piece Starter Set; 8” Multi-Purpose Chef’s Knife, 3.5” Paring Knife and 6” Utility Knife are the Essential Kitchen Trio; Exquisitely Handcrafted Japanese Cutlery
- An ideal gift for special occasions, the Shun Classic 3-Piece Starter Set comes in a handsome gift box and will be treasured by newlyweds, moms, dads, chefs, students, hosts, entertainers and cooks
- With its small size and high-performance steel blade, the versatile Classic 3.5-inch Paring Knife is designed for handling kitchen tasks such as coring, peeling, trimming and decorating with ease
- The Classic 6-inch Utility Knife, with its straighter, narrow blade, rises to the occasion when precise cuts are needed, such as slicing tomatoes, peeling onions or trimming broccoli
- Meticulously handcrafted by skilled artisans in Seki City, Japan, each piece in the Shun Classic Starter Set boasts the unparalleled quality, performance, and beauty inherent in all Shun cutlery
- The Classic 8-inch Chef’s Knife is a must-have kitchen tool, as tasteful and contemporary as it is functional; all-purpose, razor-sharp blade is ideal for preparing vegetables, fruits and proteins
- Hand crafted full tang knives forged from tight grained, X50CrMoV15 German Steel for incredible durability, stain resistance and exceptional edge retention.
- This paring knife is small, ideal for peeling and other small or intricate work, like de-veining shrimp, removing the seeds from peppers and cutting small garnishes. Designed to be an all-purpose knife.
- NSF International Certified. Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. Wash knives with warm water and a little detergent, rinse carefully and dry with a towel.
- Well balanced 4.75″ handle and 3.5″ blade with HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale.
- Each blade goes through an (ultra6) stage heat treatment ensuring every blade maintains it strength and function. Hand sharpened to a 16-degree angle per side.
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
- PRECISION FORGED – The 3.5” Paring Knife is forged from a single block of High Carbon Stainless Steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models. WÜSTHOF Classic Series Knives feature a full bolster and finger guard
- KITCHEN WORKHORSE – The WÜSTHOF 3.5” Classic Fully-Serrated Paring Knife is essential for preparing any meal. This all-purpose cook’s knife can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES – The Full Tang, Triple Riveted handles of the Classic Line offer the widest range of cutlery that can satisfy every home cook or professional chef. The WÜSTHOF Classic Series has been our best-selling series for generations
- PARING KNIFE – The small narrow blade tapers to a point at the tip and is easy to handle making it the perfect knife to trim and slice and peel small produce such as garlic cloves and herbs. The added serrated edge has saw-like teeth that enable the blade to slice cleanly through food with delicate textures such as bread or soft vegetables and fruit
15. KUMA Paring Knife – 3.5 Inch Pro Bolster Japanese Profile Kitchen Knife For Detailing With Ease – Stainless Steel Vegetable & Fruit Knife With Ergonomic Design
- Nimble & Agile – Larger Chef knives aren’t the best for detailing, prepping vegetables and fruits. Reach into any crevice with quick manoeuvrability for that extra detail that brings a pop to your dishes
- Packaged as an Excalibur – A gift for the cooking enthusiasts & the pros with the Luxurious magnetic lid box. A gift that you’d want for yourself. We don’t build knives we craft experiences
- An extension of your finger – Glides through anything you can throw at it. Heat tempered & sharpened by hand, our 3Cr13 Stainless steel out-performs any other blade. Helping you elevate your food styling
- Sturdy yet Weightless – An inexpressible feeling of comfort that you feel only when you hold it. Reinforced 430 Steel ergonomic ABS handle, makes you want to cook, every time you look at it
- Low Profile Cuts – A boosted bolster helps get surface-level cuts without hindering you. Honed to the perfect width for the perfect balance. Handcrafted for zero slicing resistance
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- Taper-ground edge allows for added stability, easy honing, long lasting sharpness, and increased efficiency when cutting and chopping
- Santoprene handle for comfort and safe grip, NSF certified
- Limited lifetime warranty
- High carbon forged steel from Soligen, Germany. Stain-resistant x50 Cr Mo V15 resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. Full tang that runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance.